Work from Home for Business Continuity
World is witnessing the repercussion of Covid-19 on all planes of life, in all countries and industries. Nobody is definite about how much and how extensive the impact of the crisis will last on the global economy. All organizations will encounter challenges in gaining new clients, renegotiating current contracts, and diminishing revenues. These will put pressure on cash flows forcing enterprises to reengineer business practices to decrease costs.
During the pandemic, Indian IT industry made employees “Work from Home” (WFH) as per government’s compulsion. Consequently, about 90% of employees worked from home with 65% of them from metropolitan areas and remaining 35% from the small towns. During the lockdown, the IT industry transitioned to Work from Home (WFH) model rather, smoothly providing business continuity to client organizations without decreasing quality or productivity.
Two reasons for this smooth transition are IT industry’s strict bonding to quality processes and convenience of communication bandwidth both from homes in metros and in small towns.
After Covid-19, you might have to re-engineer your organization to reduce costs among other overheads. The future operations will be done from an amalgam of in-house facilities, work from home model, outsourcing, and small towns. The key is to get most ideal model based on several parameters such as type of work, security risks and requirements, customer constraints etc.